Tuesday, October 24, 2017

I Do, Don’t You?


Words by Melville W. Miller. Music by Edwin O. Excell, 1907
Click the arrow above to play. If you see no video play arrow, click the song title to view online.

I know a great Saviour, I do; don’t you? 
I live by His favor, I do; don’t you?
For grace I implore Him, I worship before Him,
I love and adore Him, I do; don’t you?

I need Him to lead me, I do; don’t you?
Heav’n’s manna to feed me, I do; don’t you?
What ever betide me, I need Him beside me,
In mercy to hide me, I do; don’t you?

I love to be near Him, I do; don’t you?
He speaks and I hear Him, I do; don’t you?
For me He is caring, the cross I am bearing,
I love Him for sharing, I do; don’t you?

I want Him to use me, I do; don’t you?
For service to choose me, I do; don’t you?
I want Him to bless me, to own and confess me,
completely possess me, I do; don’t you?

Public Domain. Sheet music available here.
Published as Song #2 in Sing and Give Thanks
Recorded on LP 365: My Sheep Know My Voice (verses 1 and 4 only)

No comments:

Post a Comment