Wednesday, February 18, 2015

The Good Shepherd Psalm

















I rest in the care of a shepherd so kind.
In pleasant green pastures I feed.
Beside the still waters, refreshing I find,
There is actually nothing I need.

In paths that are safe does he lead me each day
for his namesake, so I need not fear.
His rod and his staff my misgivings allay,
in the valley of death He is near.

His oil on my head is a sweet healing balm
and foes are o'erwhelmed as they view
while I feast at a table, unworried and calm,
in the fold of my Shepherd so true.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me still
all the days of my life here below
and a mansion in glory, just over the hill,
will be mine there forever, I know.

fpn/1963

This has been set to music as #17 in "Sing and Give Thanks"
Contact Joyce to obtain a copy.

Photo credit: Depositphotos 1699484, Standard License

1 comment: